Orthopedic Surgery focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and prevention of certain conditions involving the musculoskeletal system. These include diseases and injuries of your bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons and nerves.
At Okanagan Health Centre, we are devoted to utilizing both non-surgical and surgical methods of treatment to help our patients live healthier, more productive and more fulfilling lives.
Our Kelowna based orthopedic surgeons highly favor less invasive treatment options such as medication and physical therapy over more extensive surgical procedures. However, in cases where such options no longer provide relief, surgery is often recommended. We also offer a variety of arthroscopic surgeries which allow our doctors to diagnose and treat joint problems in the least invasive way possible so that you can heal quickly and painlessly.
Knee problems arising from numerous circumstances including injuries, overuse and infections occur in patients of all ages. Chronic knee pain can be very disabling which is why it is extremely important to diagnose and treat it immediately. Depending on the extent and type of injury to your knee, we offer two types of knee surgeries:
- Knee Arthroscopy - a minimally invasive surgery to diagnose and treat knee joint pain
- ACL Reconstruction - a surgical technique to repair your anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) and restore stability and strength to your knee
With a wealth of knowledge and experience behind them, our orthopedic surgeons are able to provide you with technologically advanced, minimally invasive knee surgery procedures which require less recovery and smaller incisions, allowing you to return to your normal activities as quickly as possible.
Your shoulder joint allows for an enormous range of motion for your arms but it is also extremely vulnerable to injury. At our clinic, our orthopedic surgeons are able to give you an early and corrective diagnosis for a range of shoulder problems followed by effective surgical treatments including:
- Shoulder arthroscopic surgery - This keyhole surgery involves our surgeon inserting a small camera (arthroscope) into your shoulder to examine and repair any joint damage
- Open shoulder surgery - If the shoulder joint damage is very extensive and an arthroscopic procedure is unable to provide relief, our surgeon may be required to perform an open shoulder surgery.
Foot and ankle surgery
When performing foot and ankle surgery, our orthopedic surgeons take many factors into consideration such as the extent of the damage and your unique needs and circumstances and are able to advise you on the most suitable foot and ankle surgery option. Some of these include:
- Foot and Ankle Arthroscopy
- Foot and Ankle Fusion Surgery
- Achilles Tendon Repair
- Calcaneal Osteotomy